Housecarers.com

Monday 10 November 2014

A post for Blanche Clarke

We have been busy renovating our condo in Calgary this fall and I just wanted to write a short post with pictures for Blanche, Mike's mom, who turned 91 on Oct. 25.  She has a laptop and is trying to learn how to use it more, but one thing she can do is find and read my blog regularly.  Sending pictures to her by email for her to see is still a challenge but I'm sure she will master that by 92!  And then - Facebook!  Don't get me wrong - she is as smart and sharp a 91-year-old woman as you are likely to find.  I hope I do as well as she is.

The bathroom was updated with new ceramic tile flooring, cabinet with deep drawers, counter-top and sink in one, new light fixture, mirror and paint.  I should have taken a before picture but suffice to say this is a HUGE improvement!





All of the carpeting was taken up and new laminate wood flooring was installed throughout.  We love how it turned out!






And, finally, here is a picture of a picture she bought for us from a local Nova Scotian photographer as a house-warming gift so that we have a little bit of home to look at.






Just the kitchen to go but I think that is going to have to wait until spring.  We've been lucky so far with weather but winter has arrived and since I want any sawing or cutting tiles to be done outdoors on the patio (the dust it creates indoors is horrendous), I'll wait for warmer weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment